Garret Colao CFP®, CSLP®
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and a Certified Student Loan Professional (CSLP®), Garret begins every conversation with a client by connecting on a personal level to understand a client’s goals and priorities. Before creating a financial plan, Garret enjoys forming this connection, as he believes learning the small details of a client’s financial situation allows for a successful plan to be created. By taking an client centered approach to the implementation strategies, Garret is able to provide advice and plans to facilitate the best client experience possible. Garret is FINRA Series 7 and 66 registered and is Life and Health Insurance licensed.
In 2019, Garret teamed up with Mike Rutter, Senior Financial Advisor, to work as partners within The Vitality Group, a planning focused, and advice driven wealth management practice that utilizes sophisticated and innovative tools, to deliver high quality, high value, and an easy-to understand efficient client experience. By taking a team approach to their clients, Mike and Garret are able to work together to provide valuable solutions to every unique situation.
When not at work you can find Garret playing golf or flag football, hunting, and fishing. He also enjoys traveling to new places, specifically to national parks and forests where he is able to hike with his fiancé Kelly and their dog Summit.
Garret also serves as the Chairman of the Board for the Phoenix Residence Inc., a nonprofit organization that develops person-centered quality living experiences for individuals with disabilities. Prior to his position as Chairman, Garret also served as a member of the organization beginning in 2017.
- Comprehensive Fee-Based financial planning
- Retirement cash flow planning
- Student Loan Analysis
- Accumulation and distribution techniques
- Tax minimization
- Asset allocation and portfolio design
- Cash flow planning, budgeting, and projections
- Risk management
- Education funding strategies
- Estate planning
- Business continuation and benefits planning
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 registered
- Life and Health Insurance Licensed
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Student Loan Professional
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Finance from University of Saint Thomas (Saint Paul, MN)
Garret Colao is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc.