Mike Rutter CFP®
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, Mike understands that no two financial planning or implementation strategies are alike. He prides himself on connecting with his clients personally before creating a financial plan, working with them to learn their financial history and their future financial goals. As an advisor, he uses this information to form a relationship with clients based on trust and transparency, where his advice provides an opportunity for individual needs to be considered.
As the founder of The Vitality Group, who has partnered with North Star Resource Group since 2007, Mike works primarily with families, professionals, and small businesses seeking financial planning advice and wealth management. The Vitality Group is a planning focused and advice driven wealth management practice that utilizes sophisticated and innovative tools, as well as a proprietary process to deliver high quality, high value, and an easy-to-understand efficient client experience.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Computer Science and Economics from Saint John’s University. In his spare time, you can find him playing golf, hockey, and soccer. He is an avid Minnesota Wild and Minnesota Vikings fan. He grew up in Apple Valley, Minnesota and currently resides in Saint Paul, Minnesota with his wife Mariann.
- Comprehensive Fee-Based financial planning
- Cash flow planning, budgeting and projections
- Risk management
- Tax minimization
- Employee benefits analysis
- Retirement cash flow planning
- Education funding strategies
- Asset allocation and portfolio design
- Accumulation and distribution techniques
- Estate planning
- Business continuation and benefits planning
- FINRA Series 7, 64 and 65 registered
- Life and Health Insurance Licensed
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Computer Science and Economics from Saint John’s University (Collegeville, MN)
Mike Rutter is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc.